Sunday, June 11, 2017

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #411 ~ Water Color

Good morning friends~  It's time for a new challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations.  This week we're looking for projects using water coloring.

Our sponsor this week is Inspired By Stamping
They're generously offering a $15 Gift Certificate plus Free Shipping.  You can't beat that!

Before I move on to my card I just wanted to say thank you to Debbie and all the team for my time on the Cupcake Inspirations Design Team.  I'll be stepping down from the team as life has just gotten extremely busy.  Cupcake Inspirations was my favorite challenge to play along with prior to being asked to join the team and I'm looking forward to playing along with their challenges once again when time permits.
Therefore, they are currently holding a Design Team Call that will be open until June 17th.  So if you want to be part of a super fun and talented team, check out THIS LINK to get all the details to join this team of sweeties.
Now on to my card:
I used My Heart Sings by Neat & Tangled to create this card that was inspired by one I saw online (sorry I don't have a link to the original post).  I stamped the images using distress inks in the colors of Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers and Abandoned Coral onto water color card stock and then just used a wet brush to pull the color into the images.  Easy peasy!  
I hope you'll check out this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge and join in on the fun.  Don't forget about the Design team call as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit

7 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

These birds came out perfect on water color cardstock. Sorry to see you having to step down from the team, Birgit. I'm sure you will be missed greatly.

Donna Phelan said...

Easy Peasy AND Beautiful! Love this whole design, the colors are fabulous as are the images and your perfect sentiment! LOVE!!!

Wendy Bellino said...

The stamp images remind me of folk art! I love that you stamped the sentiment and ledger lines and the notes are in color. I agree with Donna, great design!

Marcia Hill said...

FABULOUS card my friend! I think it looks like folk art too and love the water colored look of the birds! Lovely, lovely card Birgit!! :0)

Linda said...

Adorable card Birgit. Awesome water coloring.

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty little birds! This is wonderful Birgit!!

Conniecrafter said...

that is just the cutest, like how you did the sentiment and such pretty watercoloring.
Wishing you all the best as you go on your way, I know how sometimes things can get a little overwhelming!