Saturday, January 14, 2017

Some Winter Fun!

Good morning friends~  I've got a couple of cards today that combine the December Simon Says Stamp Kit of the Month  with stamps from Stampingbella, also available at Simon Says.  
 
I created a window on the front of the card that included some shaker snowflakes from the SSS. December kit.  They don't shake and move around as freely as they would on a regular shaker card because the snowflakes are pressed between two pieces of acetate.  I used an Elizabeth Craft Design Dotted Scalloped Oval to frame the opening and added some little banners using printed papers from the kit.  The sentiment from the December kit is so adorable!  

This is the inside of the card.  The image is called Maggie with Penguin but I think it's discontinued and I probably got the last one as I couldn't find it when I searched on their site for it. I was happy for the time to practice using my copics, coloring these little cutie pies!  I stamped some snowflakes in the background using stamps from the kit and the rest of the sentiment.  I would choose making snow angels too!


Here's a better picture and a close up the little Maggie looking through the window.  It's hard to get good pictures using acetate.  I'm not a very good photographer and don't know how to stop the glare from the light.  



This is Valerie with her snowball.  I remember bundling my kids up like that when they were young.  They could hardly move from all the winter gear I layered on them but that didn't stop them from having fun in the snow.  I cut a Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 4 out of printed paper from the kit for the pretty stitched edging on the left.  I heat embossed some snowflakes from the kit onto a piece of gray vellum and laid the image over the top of that.  Some Poppystamps Frosty Snowflake Buttons to finish it off.


Stampingbella is fairly new to me.  I just discovered their adorable images about a month ago and I am head over heels crazy over them!  

I'll be adding one of these cards to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Time Out Challenges ~ White on White 
City Crafter Challenge ~ Blue Monday 
The Sisterhood of Crafters ~ Celebrate January Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies 
AAA Cards ~ Hello
Sweet Stampers Challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit




19 comments:

laurie said...

How cute! I love the big snowflakes in the shaker...so pretty!

Darlene said...

OMG these are just AWESOME Birgit! What beautiful coloring and designs! Love the shaker and your use of buttons on the snowflakes is genius! FANTASTIC and fun creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Celebrate January’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Marcia Hill said...

These are both so stinkin cute Birgit! I am hooked on Stampingbella now too thanks to you!! :0) Your coloring is fabulous on both cards and all the extra details just really make these cards so special! And I agree that the sentiment from the SSS kit is just perfect!!!! Well done my friend!! :0)

Linda said...

Oh my gosh, Birgit, these two cards are so fabulous. Love them both and your coloring is perfect. So adorable.

Stella said...

Your cards are gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Maggie and Valerie both look so sweet. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Joyce said...

These are both so adorable. And your coloring---I am in awe. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Kuni said...

What a beautiful card.
The card also fits our challenge at the Sweet Stampers, a new challenge blog.
I hope to see you.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/
Hugs
Kuni

Nancy Penir said...

You rock with coloring, lady! Oh my good gracious, beautiful beautiful coloring! Cute and more cuteness with the images, and shaker. Ah yes, bundling up the kiddies. The stories I could tell you. Would send them out with clothes on, and they'd come back in half naked! Why oh why, and where are your coats, boots, socks, etc.? And me with 6 layers of clothing, indoors!!! Ah yes, the stories...

Vickie Y said...

Love the border topped with buttons on the side of the last card; adorable image! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Stampers.

Jane said...

Such adorable little people, no wonder you made a few cards! The card you entered at AAA Cards is beautifully composed and your colouring is perfection. Thanks for playing.

Conniecrafter said...

these are both two very cute kids and I love the way she is holding penguin in the first card, pretty winter feel you gave to it with the window and great sentiment on that card too, I love the pretty border you gave to the second card too!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my they are so gorgeous!! They are sure to make anyone smile! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Rika said...

These are cute!

Jill V said...

Such pretty images and so beautifully coloured - I especially love the little girl holding the penguin! These winter-themed cards are absolutely perfect for our challenged - thanks so much for taking the Time Out to play along with us! Jill

Kuni said...

A fabulous card and a cute image.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Angela said...

Your cards are so wonderful, both images are so cute.♥
Thanks a lot for joining us at our winter/snow challenge by Sweet Stampers Challenge
Good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs and greetings Angela DT

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Such a wonderful winter card
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampers Challenge
Hugs Anja

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

love your card and the image is so cute
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner (DT)

Susan Renshaw said...

What lovely images!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!