Sunday, September 4, 2016

Cupcake Inspirations #374 ~ A Color Challenge

Good morning and Happy Sunday!  It's time for a new challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations and this week is all about color:  Mint, Poppy and Kraft or colors like them.
Delicious!!!  I'll take two please... they look small.  ;0)

Our sponsor this week is Little Miss Muffet Stamps 

and they're giving $6 worth of digital stamps to the winner.

They so kindly gave us use of one of their sweet images,so without further adieu, here's my card using Puddle Jack:

I colored this sweet little guy up using Copic markers and using the given color palette posed quite a challenge for me as I tried coloring him in Kraft hues.  He looks like a duck that's had all his feathers plucked!  
I added some Glossy Accents to the water drops and puddle that he's standing in to give it some shine.  You can kind of see it in this picture here.

ETA:  After looking at this card the following day and writing up this post, I just couldn't handle the poor little naked bird so I added some feathers using a white gel pen.  What do you think... better?
The colors on this photo have been enhanced
versus the colors the way they appear on my computer screen normally.  In your opinion,which looks better?  The normal colors before enhancing the photo's look very washed out and muted to me.  I'm still trying to get used to this new laptop.

Thanks for your input ~ Now it's your turn to join in on the fun!

Be sure to visit the rest of the design team for some amazing inspiration.
Birgit ~ That's me!
Kamila

Now hop on over to the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog to play along! 
 You could be their next winner!

I'll also be adding this card to the following challenges:
Work It Wednesday
Simon Says Monday Challenge
Word Art Wednesday


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Blessings~ Birgit





12 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness that little ducky is just the cutest with umbrella and polka dotted wellies! Love those colors! CUTE!!!

Linda said...

What a sweet little image. Great job on the coloring. I think I like him better in the first one, but both are adorable.

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...this little duck is just too cute Birgit! And to be honest, I kind of like him featherless! You could just say he has a nice tan after the long and hot Summer! And those little boots he is wearing are so adorable and I wish I had a pair just like them! Cute, cute card my friend!! :0)

Marybeth said...

Darling image too cute! I like the way you colored him ,both ways :) happy weekend!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Birgit, your little ducky totally melted my heart, what a darling image, beautifully colored. Both cards are sweet as can be.
Thank you for inviting me to be the Surprise Sweetie this week, I'm thrilled and honored.
Paper hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Birgit, your little ducky totally melted my heart, what a darling image, beautifully colored. Both cards are sweet as can be.
Thank you for inviting me to be the Surprise Sweetie this week, I'm thrilled and honored.
Paper hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Sandy said...

Love how you made this cute duck have feathers!! Fabulous idea. He is so adorable!!

Sue said...

Haha, Birgit, this cute duck looks great without his feathers...nice fix though. The enhanced photo looks the best. I like the rich colored look. The boots are so cute. Very cute card!!

Birgit said...

The ducky does look better with some feathers and the image and all is just so very sweet. You created this card really well with the colours. I like the first picture with the richer colours and I can see the gloss more in that picture too.

Maura said...

Birgit, what a fun little card! The duck image just makes me smile with the boots and umbrella. Love how you echo the colors in the image and frame. So happy you've joined us for our Stamp It challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! xx Maura

Patti said...

You are so cute Birgit : ) I would not have thought of your duck as naked but the addition of the "feathers" is just ducky!!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

EK Gorman said...

I agree with you. Puddle Jack looks cuter with the white gel pen. He did look a little plucked before. Regardless this is a really cute card.