Friday, April 1, 2016

Someone Pinch Me!

Hello friends~ I'm here to post some amazing, exciting and super terrific news...
I'll be joining the fabulous design team for Dies R Us!
I literally was so excited when I saw that e-mail in my box, I had to read it three times, just to be sure.

I'm honored and completely humbled by this journey I get to travel for the next six months with Darlene and all the girls. I only hope I can represent their company well.


In celebration of this exciting event, I made a yummy strawberry card to give to someone incredibly sweet!
After die cutting all the pieces to the strawberry, I sponged some color on them using distress inks.

I dipped the chocolate dipped pieces into my VersaMark pad and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder to make them shine like real chocolate. YUM!

I added a trio of little hand made flowers from a Martha Stewart punch with yellow Stickles in the center and a string of bakers twine to finish this off.

Here's my list of suggested supplies from Dies R Us:
Memory Box Postage Rectangle Layers
Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Layers
Elizabeth Craft Designs Strawberries

Thanks so much for stopping By! Blessings~ Birgit

13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats to you!! Lovely card to start with ... Those chocolate dipped strawberries look fabulous!

Marcia Hill said...

You couldn't be more deserving of this honor Birgit...SOOOO happy for you! And so excited to see what you'll come up for inspiration for the rest of us in the coming months...I just know you're going to do a FABULOUS job!! Your card today is a wonderful sign of things to come...those strawberries are amazing and I really want to lick that chocolate!! Beautiful, beautiful card and congrats again!! :0)

Darlene said...

WOW this is fabulous Birgit and looks good enough to eat!!! Love the 'chocolate dipping' ... what a creative idea! WELCOME to the DRU Inspiration team ... we are thrilled to have you as a member of our 2016 team! Hugs and Happy Day!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!
Your card is beautiful!

Patti said...

Oh Congratulations!! on an exciting and well deserved honor!! Your card is so great Birgit!! those strawberries look good enough to eat!

Patti

Helen F. said...

Oh my, Birgit! This card is totally awesome and so representative of your creative works!
Congratulations on your well deserved DT spot with the fabulous Dies R Us team!

Linda said...

Congratulations Birgit. Your card is just so sweet and those strawberries look good enough to eat....

Unknown said...

Fantastic, Birgit! I have seen you around the interwebs and have long admired your work. Now we get to play together! YAY!

Barbara said...

Hello Birgit! Congrats on your new DT at Dies R Us. I have noticed you at PTI challenges and you do deserve this honor. the card that you made is scrumptious! It looks so real. My BFF Donna Phelan will be working with you. You will have so much fun. Best Wishes.

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Birgit, I couldn't be happier for you! Your talent is something I've long admired, and this sweet card is just one of many beauties you've done! Congrats, I can't wait to see more!

Conniecrafter said...

So cute Birgit, I so love how you did the chocolate on them, they look good enough to eat!! Will be great taking this journey of the design team with you :)

Colleen said...

Birgit...a BIG HUGE congrats from across the US!! Your card is terrific, WOW, your chocolate dipped strawberries look like the real thing!! (esp the chocolate...way to go to add that shine!!) Awesome card, my friend!!

Joyce said...

Your card is so fun and wonderful. Love those juicy looking chocolate dipped strawberries and the sweet gingham paper you used. And, a huge congrats on your new DT. I haven't yet heard about that die company, but will look forward to the education (and enabling) I'll get when I visit you.