Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Greatest Blessings....

Good morning~ Color Throwdown just posted their new colors and I just happen to have a card that I just made using these colors! I love it when that happens!


I wanted to try my hand at watercoloring die cut images. The birds didn't come out like I had hoped they would, but after walking away and revisiting them later, I decided I liked the whimsical and artsy look they had so I kept moving forward with them.

I started by die cutting the birds, leaves, banner and flower out of water color cardstock, using PTI's Songbird and watercoloring each shape, except for the banner. Once dry, I stamped the leaves with an alphabet background stamp from MFT, and stamped the banner using the "Count Your Blessings" verse. I liked how they all came out except for the birds as I mentioned earlier, but in the end, I like how this card came out. It's got a bold and graphic look to it that I seem to be trending toward lately.

I'll also be adding this card to the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday
Sisterhood of Crafters ~ using Dies or Punches

Thanks so much for stopping by ~ I sure love it when you leave me a comment so I know you were here and I can repay the visit. Blessings~ Birgit

10 comments:

Linda said...

I think your birds look awesome, Birgit. Beautiful card.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Gorgeous card, love how you coloured the birds!

Patti said...

Wowie!! I love your amazing little birds! I have never tried to watercolor a die cut before. You simply free hand colored it? so cool!! I also really like that you stamped over the leaves another sensational idea!! I definitely need to CASE this card!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Darlene said...

Fabulous use of this color combination and dies! Made such a happy card creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DIES and/or PUNCHES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card; love the dies and vibrant colors you used. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Leslie Miller said...

I love how the birds came out! Oh, my gosh, this is fabulous! Just adorable and wonderful all over! I'm glad to see it in our Color Throwdown Challenge this week!

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE your water colored birds! Bright and cheerful, and just an all around "happy" card! Well done my friend!! :0)

Broni said...

I love all the super artsy details of this great card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week.

Jodi Collins said...

I just LOVE this card! The birds are fab and I love the striped pattern on the side! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Lori said...

Love your watercolored birds! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!