Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy 4th of July!!

Just popping on to post a couple of cards to celebrate our nation's independence. Happy 4th to everyone!!
I'm using colors from ColourQ for my first card.



I started with a kraft cardstock base and cut a white cardstock panel using MFT's Inside Out Stitched Rectangle Stax. I then stamped my images and sentiment from PTI"s Funky Florals in the designated colors. I then cut the center out of the panel using MFT's Stitched Rectangle Stax. I mounted the center panel to the kraft card base and popped the frame up using dimensional foam tape to give it a lift.

My next card uses an image from Crafty Secrets "American Beauty".

I'm also entering one or more cards into the following challenges:
CASology
Word Art Wednesday
Addicted To Stamps
Simon Says Monday Challenge

Thanks so much for looking! Have a safe and happy 4th of July!!
Blessings~ Birgit

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Don't you just love that Funky Florals set?!! I made a patriotic card with it last year, as those flowers reminded me of fireworks too. Both of your cards are really great! Happy 4th! :0)

Kara Lynne said...

Happy Fourth to you, Birgit! Wonderful cards! I love the cut frame through those beautiful flowers, and your Lady Liberty looks great with all of those fantastic layers and ribbons!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful cards, Birgit! I love the inside out embossing on the first one and how you added the red ribbon to the 2nd one...such lovely details! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Birgit said...

These are great cards. I love the way you used the colours from Colour Q in the first card and love that sentiment. The 2nd card is great-reminds me of the suffragettes

cheiron said...

These are both great, but I am really loving that 4th of July card, she looks like one sassy lady! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Birgit! I saw your card over at CASology and had to come over for a better look! Oooo beautifulness! :)

Joyce said...

Fantastic patriotic cards. Especially love those flowers that look like fireworks. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Anonymous said...

Hey Birgit!! Such a pretty card. I love the colors. Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous pair of patriotic cards...love the sweet flowers on your first card, this is one of my favorite PTI stamp sets. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

Sweet cards, Birgit, love the first one, love the sentiment! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Jo Ann said...

Both card are truly awesome...Love the CAS style and the colors. We appreciate you joining our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again this week for a brand new challenge. Leaving you the hope only God's Word can provide in Joshua 1:9 and it says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Have an awesome week!

Always,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com