Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Primitive Fascination

It's been a while since I've posted. We drove out to Ohio to visit our son and daughter in law and I've been busy getting things back in order since coming home. It felt good to get back into my craft room for some craft-therapy. Today's cards are done in the primitive style. That used to be the only kind of cards I made when I first started card making, because I just love primitive! My house is primitive, filled with antiques, wooden bowls, crocks and all things prim.
I'll start with the first card that goes along with the bouquet theme challenge over at The Curtain Call.

I used PTI's Simple Sunflowers and the watering can from Garden Variety to create my simple bouquet. I started by stenciling the checkerboard pattern around the outside edges of the card using Tim Holtz black distress ink. I heat embossed the text background from PTI in white and then went over the whole thing with various brown tinted distress inks. The leaves in the background are from PTI's Songbird set. I gently bent the sentiment images, from Simple Sunflowers, to wrap around the front of the watering can.

My next card was inspired by old penny rugs. Back in the 1800's around the start of the Civil War, the women would use coins to trace circles out of left over wool material, old clothing and tattered coats and they would create lovely table toppers and bed coverings called penny rugs.
I used the Stitched Daisy from My Creative Time.


I used an old set from Cornish Heritage Farms paired with PTI's Postmarks to create this card.
And last but not least,

I used the same CHF set along with PTI's Friendship Jar.
Oh, and I have one more jar card to share.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in and visit me.
Blessings~ Birgit

No comments: