Saturday, February 7, 2015

Gift Packaging with PTI

Two posts in one day! I didn't want to fall behind on the daily challenges for PTI's 8th Anniversary so I enjoyed a couple of hours this morning in my craft room playing catch-up! Here's my entry for today's challenge on making a tag and gift bag.


I used the Folded Foodie Tag Die to create my tag. To color it, I smooshed some Blueberry Sky and Winter Wisteria onto a large acrylic stamping block and spritzed it with water. I then pressed the front of the tag onto the block letting the colors absorb into my cardstock and let it dry. I used Rosie Posie using the same colors and Simply Chartreuse for the leaves and added them to the front of my tag finishing it off with another smaller tag which was stamped using a sentiment from SAF 2014 1940's kit.

The inside of the tag was stamped using the same image and colors I used on the front, except that I stamped them off once to create a lighter color value. The "To:" and "From:" is from Painted Poinsettia's.

ETA: Thought I would add a couple other pictures of gift sets that I've made in the past using PTI products since I've never posted them to my blog.

This set was inspired by the lovely and talented Melissa Phillips using the Garden Variety and Vegetable Garden sets. It was was a gift of home made chocolate chip zucchini bread, home made salsa and recipe cards that I gave to a dear friend.


This was a set of cards using Beautiful Blessings and Songbirds that I made for a friend who's ministry is helping others in need.

A small file box to hold the cards

One of the cards and coordinating envelopes. All the cards were the same, but different. There's lot of pictures to this set, so if you're interested I can post them in a future post.

Please leave me a comment if you've stopped by so I'll know you've been here and I can be sure to visit your blog and leave you some love.
Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

18 comments:

victoria h said...

Pretty project- clever idea to use the hexagonal tag

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful bag and tag! Love the colors and also that you finished the inside of that lovely tag.

Nancy Penir said...

Oh my goodness, what a treat on your blog today! Love every set, especially the Garden Variety, and can't wait to bring out that set again! All gorgeous Birgit!

Birgit said...

These are beautiful! Your friends who received these should be so happy as they are all so well done and everything fits well together

Anonymous said...

Hey Brigit!! I love all of your bags and tags. All of them are beautiful!! I love how the first tag opens up. Nicely done.

Nancy Guse said...

Wow Brigit, these are all amazing!!!

Marcia Hill said...

What a treasure trove of projects Birgit...every one of them is beautiful! I love dressing up gift packages too...so much fun!! :0)

Linda said...

What great gift sets. All so pretty.

Jean Franks Beck said...

These are all so beautiful - I especially love the purple and blue combo - my fave colors. :)

Kathy Mc said...

Love your Rosie Posie gift tag ~ so beautifully blended for your package! Great card sets & packaging also, Birgit!

Kara Lynne said...

I love the blend of inks on your Rosie Posie gift tag and how you stamped the inside too! Wow! What wonderful gifts you've made!

Kim Heggins said...

Just so beautiful...love it all! What a wonderful array of fantastic gifts too and the box of cards, so sweet, so adorable.

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! All of these are great. My favorite set is the last one! Love those!

Marlena M. said...

This is a feast for the eyes!!! I love the colors of your bag and your card sets are gorgeous!

Connie MacFarlane said...

These are all fabulous Birgit! Thanks for sharing.

Marybeth said...

Wow, everything you posted is so creative, glad you shared with us. I love that the tag also opens, I forget to do that.

Gwen said...

Great cards and gift bags! I especially love the last set of cards you made. I may have to go check out that stamp set! I am hoping to make cards for every woman in our church this year. I am Women's Ministry Coordinator and I think it just lets people know they are cared for!

Helen F. said...

Ooohhhh, so much creative beauty here today, Birgit. Love each set, especially the Rosie Posie dies used as Gift bag tags :-)