Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Love YOU!

Today's card is a sweet Valentine's card using non traditional colors from the Curtain Call Challenge.
My card didn't come out with as much neutral / white as I wanted and the So Saffron ink looks more like yellow on the computer than in real life, but it's still kind of cute and you get the idea.


I started by stamping the text background in a creamy white pigment ink and then added the damask design on the background using Versamark and white embossing powder. I then rubbed So Saffron ink through just the center of the background. I cut the background heart out of So Saffron Cardstock and stenciled in some white polka dots using a Heidi Swapp stencil. I used lots of different sets to create this.
Heart Doily Die from Top Dog Dies
Heart Full of Love and Damask Designs from My Favorite Things
Script Background Basics and Note Niblets from PaperTrey Ink
I also used gold glimmer mist from Heidi Swapp and So Saffron ink from Stampin' Up!.
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge,
Word Art Wednesday
The Paper Players
Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings~ Birgit

5 comments:

Caryn said...

Gorgeous card Birgit - I love how it turned out.
Thanks for joining us Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs
Caryn xxx

خوله سعيد said...

I really love yellow and your card is very nice I love it ^^

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Birgit. Love the yellow/cream hues... and the sponging with the heat embossing. The damask background is amazing. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call.

~amy~ said...

super sweet!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call - Winter Wonder!