Thursday, June 5, 2014

Crafty Secrets ~ June Linky Party

It's time again for Sandy's Crafty Secrets Linky Party! I just love all of her vintage images and, for all you digital fans, she's now going digital! However, I'm still using paper. Change comes hard for this girl but I'm working on it. Anyway, here's the cards I made for the challenge.

I used an image that originally had three birds in ovals from Birds and Botanicals Journal Booklet. I fussy cut each oval and put them on a scalloped oval cut from a spellbinders die and then I added three layers of UTEE. Once they were cooled and set, one of the bird images was quite warped and as I was trying to flatten it, I cracked the UTEE! So I got two cards out of the image instead of three. I loved how the UTEE deepened the colors in the images and added to the vintage-y look.
I made home made envelopes which I lined with the same rustic wood plank paper.

Overall, I think they came out pretty sweet! Thanks for visiting! Blessings~ Birgit

6 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Hi, Birgit! I love the way you treated the Bird Ovals with UTEE...they look like vintage cameos. And, I crack my UTEE on purpose to give the finished image a really old "Cracked Glass" look. You can also reheat the UTEE and fix the cracks if you decide you don't like them. It's a great product. I love the way you combined fresh modern elements like the chevron design with the wonderful vintage images in Birds and Botanicals. It's one of my favorite sets! Thanks for joining us at the June Crafty Secrets Linky Party!

Darlene said...

WOW Birgit these are BEAUTIFUL! Love your design and the matching envelopes are just the perfect finishing touch! Just FABULOUS! Thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along in our June Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

Darlene
Crafty Secrets DT
CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Elizabeth said...

These are so pretty Birgit. I think all of us love the Birds and Botanicals it is my favourite set as well. I love the pretty cards and matching envelopes you made. Everything coordinates so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Secrets June Linky Party.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Brirgit, your cards look so pretty with the matching envelopes and I love how you used the Utee on our bird image. Kathy's right, it does look like a old cameo.
Thanks for sharing and joining our June Linky Party

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh.. these turned out great! And the matching envi's LOVE! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month for the Linky Party!

Sheila Rumney said...

What sweet cards. They are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Secrets Linky Party.