Thursday, January 23, 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside

Hello paper crafting friends. I'm entering this card into the challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room. I was totally inspired by the challenge photo to use ice skates as my focal point.

The background paper is some I had in my scraps. I also used the same paper to cut the ice skates from using my cricut machine and Winter Woodland cartridge. I created the layered ice skates by cutting them out in black as well and layering the printed paper over the top. I added German silver glitter to the blades to make them shiny. The red banner is cut using a banner die from PTI onto more pp that was in my stash. The fancy square was cut using a spellbinders die onto some vintage advertising which I printed myself on my printer. The swirly flourish die is from MFT. After layering all my elements I added a pretty silver ribbon and bow. Notice the bow? I made it using a very large serving fork according to a video I watched on using a Zutter Bow-it-All tool, which I don't have. Not too bad for making do without one. This was a great card as I used only scraps to make it. I like it when I can do that! Thanks so much for looking! Blessings~ Birgit

3 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Birgit this is so pretty! I love the details you added to the skates and your wonderful bow too! So clever to use a serving fork to make it! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week!

Kate said...

Great card - lots of lovely elements there. Love the little bow btw !!!

stampingbowd said...

I love the skates!!! This is gorgeous card design!!!