Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PTI 6th Anniversary Day 2

Today is day two of PaperTrey Ink's 6th anniversary. Nichole asked all the designers to create a free image that you can download and print to use in your scrapbooking or cardmaking. Isn't that awesome of her?!? You can download it right from her blog and have tons and tons of fun creating with these FREE images. Oh, and did I mention that they were FREE!
I had a hard time choosing which image to use because they're all great and so versatile. After narrowing down my choices I opted to use the super cute teacup image from Melissa Phillips. I loved the happy colors she used in the image and half of my work was done for me since she chose the color palette!
Here is my card for today's challenge:
The card base is another old item in my stash from DCWV. The color almost matches the PTI color "Summer Sun" perfectly. I used that color and the Basic Backgrounds Gingham to create a banner backing for the image that I cut using a spellbinders die. The border around the image is stamped using Spring Rain. My stash of buttons didn't let me down when looking for matching colors, which I stitched on using needle and heavy string. I hope you like the card. I think it's fun and colorful and brought sunshine into my otherwise cold and dreary day. Thanks for visiting! Blessings ~ Birgit

2 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

So bright & cheerful - love the edgers and die you used for the main image!

Suzie said...

What a wonderful card! I love how you drew the colors out of the image with your buttons.